De different phases of your personal wastewater treatment plant project
As part of your personal wastewater treatment plant project, it is important to know:
- which administrative steps you must follow;
- which are the installation requirements;
- which are the maintenance requirements.
Several authorities/experts are involved in your personal wastewater treatment plant project, each providing its duties and responsibilities:
- The French administrative authority called « SPANC » will be in charge of:
- given the information in relation with the zoning plan,
- the control of WWTP and its installation conditions,
- de validation of the soil testing.
- The engineering office:
- will analyze the soil and the general implantation of the WWTP ;
- will advise you a type of installation.
- The earthwork company is in charge:
- of the proper execution of works in compliance with the rules of art (the earthwork company must have taken out a ten-year insurance),
- of the compliance with manufacturer's instructions.
- The manufacturer is responsible for the WWTP performance in relation with its agreement and / or the relevant legislation.
In which case should we place a wastewater treatment plant?
The zoning plan for your municipality has been or will be achieved by the French authority SPANC.
Our house or building is located:
- or in a public sewerage area;
- or in an individual sewerage area.
Only houses in an individual sewage area must place a WWTP.
For further information, please contact:
- our regional dealer (please contact us to receive the contact details);
- your local authority (SPANC or municipality);
- the user guide, available on the ministry website www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr.
A WWTP is a construction product. The choice of product is up to the user.